Be inspired!

As we find our way through the blogging explosion maybe I can help you start your new passion - making candles and making soaps too. It's easy.

very easy....

very easy....

Friday, May 14, 2010

Why would you?

Satisfaction is in the doing. The 'I made it' feeling with a grin all over your face! Even though I have made soap and candles my business, I gain great satisfaction from making a new batch, preparing some new ideas for exhibitions and testing new products.
My family kinda think 'nuts' when I show them a new candle, 'so what's new mum?' and I have to explain that this was play time and it is still fun to make a candle and burn it through the evening.
So, I would love to teach you how to make a candle, and also some sweet little soaps. I promise you it's addictive.
personally I would recommend you start with the simplest moulding and move through the levels of difficulty:
melt and pour soap
container soy wax candle
small pillar candle using ready to use wax mix or natural soy (be sure it is for pillars)

With this list you are led through melting, pouring, wicking in the simplest order possible. I will provide you with info on a 'need to know' basis and not clutter the airwaves with too much too fast.
are you ready to make a soap? watch for the next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment